David Meeting – Week 6 (3/03/17)

Week 6’s meeting covered me having traveled back to Nottingham to practice my tracks with the drummer, allowing us both to feel more comfortable performing with each other and knowing exactly how each other are going to perform our respective musical parts throughout the duration of tracks, thus giving us a better feel and grasp of the tracks prior to the recording process. David was happy I had done this and expressed how important it is for all of the instrumentation to be locked in with the drums, with the rehearsal process aiding this relationship of musical elements.

David expressed the importance of my research addressing my learning outcomes i.e. providing examples of ways various producers (not just the ones I’ve deeply researched) utilize vocal production techniques.

For the following week, I am going to do complete the research for the three main producers I have looked at (Nigel Godrich, Anton Newcombe, Beck) alongside researching production techniques that pertain relevance to my LO’s.

For the following week, I am